CHEN Ronghao artist, born in 1961 in Wuhan, Hubei Province, graduated from the Department of Fine Arts of Wuhan University.
He has lived and worked for 30 years in Quanzhou, Fujian Province, on the south-east coast of China.
He is director of the Qingyuan Institute involved in the research of silk works, and is also secretary-general of the International Silk Exchange Center of China. In his artistic practice he explores the use of mixed materials on silk where he makes emerge the dynamics present in nature.
He has been awarded numerous prizes at numerous art fairs in China for his research and support of the Asian cultural heritage.
In 2011 he opened his private museum in Quanzhou, the Dacheng Museum of Silk Art.
In January 2015 he was commissioned by the committee of the Old Summer Palace to reproduce 40 paintings of landscapes of the said palace preserved at the Bibliothèque Nationale de France.
In December 2016, he was selected in the “Hundred-Talent Progamme” list of Fujian Province.
This traveling exhibition is supported by the National Art Fund of the Ministry of Culture of China
- 05.2010: Solo show, Quanzhou, China
- 01.2011: 3 rd edition of the Asian Art Fair in Beijing, China
- 05.2011: The National Crafts Exhibition of China, Beijing, China
- 09.2011: Solo show, Quanzhou, China
- 11.2011: Salon d’Automne, Paris, France
- 01.2012: 4th edition of the Asian Art Fair, Beijing, China
- 04.2012: Personal exhibition, Fuzhou, China
- 10.2012: Salon d’Automne, Paris, France
- 01.2013: 5 th edition of the Asian Art Fair, Beijing, China
- 03.2013: Personal exhibition at the Prince Gong Palace, Beijing, China
- 11.2013: Capital Art, Grand Palais in Paris, France
- 11.2014: Thematic exhibition on the maritime silk route organized by UNESCO, at the time of “the day of the sea”, Paris, France